No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Affidavit of Eligibility/Waiver of Liability/Publicity Release may be required. Additional terms and conditions apply. See Official Rules for details.
Emerson Educational Consulting Scholarship
These Official Rules apply to the 2017 Emerson Educational Consulting Scholarship (the “Scholarship”) offered by College Planning Services d/b/a Emerson Educational Consulting (“Emerson Educational Consulting”) in the United States. The Application Period will start at 9:00 A (EST) on January 15, 2017 and will end at 11:59 PM (EST) on March 31, 2017. By applying for this Scholarship, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
– NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / PUBLICITY RELEASE MAY BE REQUIRED.
– Application Process: To apply, download the Emerson Educational Consulting Scholarship Application Form from www.emersonec.com and complete it. Email the completed Application Form along with a true copy of Applicant’s current high school transcript (collectively, the “Application”) to email@example.com no later than 11:59 EST on March 31, 2017.
– Deadline: Complete Applications must be received by March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (no exceptions). The potential Recipient will be notified by email on or about May 15, 2017. If Emerson Educational Consulting is unable to reach the potential Recipient by such manner, or if the potential Recipient does not meet the eligibility requirements and/or is ineligible for any other reason, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate Recipient may be selected.
– Scholarship Award: A maximum of one (1) $ 1,000 scholarship award (“Scholarship Award”) will be awarded to a single Recipient in 2017. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions or transfers will be permitted. Emerson Educational Consulting reserves the right to make no award in the event that an insufficient number of Applications are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. The Scholarship Award may be awarded in the form of a debit card or equivalent for use at the bookstore of the school they will be attending, or in any other form as determined in Emerson Educational Consulting’s sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes will be the sole responsibility of the Recipient. The Scholarship is subject to the federal laws and the laws and regulations of the states where the Scholarship is offered and will be void to the extent prohibited by any applicable law or regulation.
– Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the Emerson Educational Consulting Scholarship, Applicants must (i) be legal residents of the United States; (ii) be currently enrolled in and scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school this academic year; (iii) be at least 17 years of age at the time the Application is submitted; and (iv) have been accepted to and enrolled at a full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after graduating from high school by May 20, 2017. Upon notification, the Potential Recipient will be required to submit a photograph of themselves along with a true and correct copy of their acceptance letter from the college they will be attending to Emerson Educational Consulting. Additionally, Potential Recipients will be required to complete and sign, or if he/she is a minor, have his/her parent or legal guardian sign, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Waiver of Liability and/or Publicity Release (“Eligibility Materials) and return these forms to Emerson Educational Consulting, 860 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017; Applicants acknowledge that failing to complete and return all Eligibility Materials in compliance with Emerson Educational Consulting’s written instructions ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATE may result in forfeiture of the Scholarship Award. Employees of Emerson Educational Consulting and their immediate family members are not eligible.
– All Applications become the sole and exclusive property of Emerson Educational Consulting and receipt of Applications will not be acknowledged or returned. Emerson Educational Consulting is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Applications, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully complete Applications are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Emerson Educational Consulting.
– Applications must be the Applicant’s own original work.
– Applications must be submitted in English, and must comply with all directions provided on the Application Form.
– One Application per person. All Applicants must have a valid email address.
– Applications must not be patently offensive, illegal, obscene, or derogatory of any individual, ethnic, racial, political, or age group, or similarly inappropriate in Emerson Educational Consulting’s sole discretion.
– The Application Period beings at 9:00 AM on January 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59 EST on March 31, 2017.
– Judging/Judging Criteria: All eligible Applications shall be reviewed, and potential Recipients shall be selected based solely on the responses to the questions as evaluated in Emerson Educational Consulting’s sole discretion. All Applications will be judged by a panel of five (5) judges who have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: responsiveness, impact, creativity and writing quality. By applying for the Scholarship, Applicants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
– All decisions of Emerson Educational Consulting shall final.
– By submitting an Application and/or accepting a Scholarship Award, all Applicants and Recipients: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) represent and warrant (i) that their Applications are their own work and 100% original; and (ii) that all information in the Application is true and correct to the best of Applicant’s knowledge; (3) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Emerson Educational Consulting and its respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claim, loss, harm, damages, regulatory action, costs or expenses arising out of applying for this Scholarship or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Scholarship Award, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or infringement of any other intellectual property right; (3) consent to the use by Emerson Educational Consulting of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and/or biographical information, testimonials, and/or Scholarship Award information for advertising, marketing, promotional and/or any other commercial purposes in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, additional permission or compensation unless prohibited by law; and (4) agree to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Scholarship as reasonably designated by Emerson Educational Consulting.
– The information you provide will only be used as described in these Official Rules. The information that you provide in connection with the scholarship application will not be provided to third parties, except as necessary for the administration` of the Scholarship or as required by law or legal process. By entering, each Applicant acknowledges that Emerson Educational Consulting has the right at all times to disclose information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request.
– Any dispute relating to the Scholarship (including, without limitation, a dispute as to whether an Applicant has complied with all of these Official Rules) shall be resolved by Emerson Educational Consulting, in its sole and absolute discretion, and the decision of Emerson Educational Consulting shall be final and binding.
– Emerson Educational Consulting is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Application to be received by Emerson Educational Consulting due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Applicant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from applying for this Scholarship or downloading the Application Form.
-In the event that Emerson Educational Consulting is prevented from continuing the Scholarship Application Period by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Scholarship application process by any party, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Emerson Educational Consulting’s control, Emerson Educational Consulting shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Scholarship Application Period and select the Recipient from all eligible Applications received prior to any action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Emerson Educational Consulting. Emerson Educational Consulting additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Scholarship if causes beyond Emerson Educational Consulting’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper administration of the Scholarship selection process and select the Recipient from all eligible Applications received prior to any action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Emerson Educational Consulting.
– The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Applicants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Scholarship-related materials, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Emerson Educational Consulting’s sole and absolute discretion.
To receive the name of the Recipient (available after May 30, 2017) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before [March 31, 2017] to:
Emerson Educational Consulting
860 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017